How to size expansion vessels for booster pump /pump applications?
For Zilmet Pressure tanks, we will required the following data:
- The minimum operating pump pressure
- The maximum operating pump pressure
- The plant maximum absorption
- The maximum allowable pump starts per hour
it’s possible to calculate the required volume of the expansion vessel.
- The water volume of the system is the one after the non-return valve or after the pressure reducer.
- The set pressure of the safety valve must be lower than the maximum working pressure of the vessel.
- The precharge pressure should be set at 0.2 bar less than the minimum system pressure.
- The calculation provides only an indication of the required volume of the expansion vessel and must be verified by a specialized and authorized technician.